Friday, April 14, 2006

Saturday, I mean Friday Random 10: buh Bah buh, buh Bah buh Edition

So even though my university does not recognize Good Friday as a holiday, the PP's company does, and I don't teach on Friday, so we get a long weekend. How great for us--could not come a moment too soon.

So I'm doing the Random 10 on the early side, so I can get on with my holiday (which, unfortunately, does not include skipping swimming).

Do you know, it is supposed to reach 88 degrees here each of the next 3 days, and maybe 90 on Monday? In April. This is the part of global warming I could do without....

1. Pärt: Berliner Messe: 5. Veni Sancte Spiritus; Tönu Kaljuste, Tallinn Chamber Orchestra, Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir (Te Deum)
2. "Bieggarajorri" (Weathervane), Wimme (Nordic Roots: A NorthSide Collection)
3. "Fair," Ben Folds Five (Forever & Ever Amen)
4. "The Wild Wild Sea," Sting (The Soul Cages)
5. Stravinsky/Auden: "Recitative: Nick," John Cheek (bass), Orchestra of St. Luke's Robert Craft (cond) (The Rake's Progress)
6. "Jingo," Santana (The Best of Carlos Santana)
7. Vivaldi: Concerto for 2 mandolins (RV 532): 3. Allegro, Trevor Pinnock and the English Consort (8 Concerti)
8. "Remember the Mountain Bed," Wilco and Billy Bragg (Mermaid Avenue, Vol. 2)
9. "Over the Moon," Pere Ubu (Worlds in Collision)
10. "Verso il terzo millennio," Giorgio Gaber (La mia generazione ha perso)

2 comments:

Joe said...

What is the origin of your strange and wonderful "Friday Random 10" lists?

Tim said...

So I have to ask: where were you when you discovered Arvo Pärt?