Sunday, May 07, 2006

GR&R: the Sunday afternoon edition

You may remember my post about race rehearsals, where I lamented not making the target times that my coach-friend had set for me.

He and I had a couple of discussions in the meantime, and determined that trying to do 4 race-pace swims (2x150 + 2x75) was not such a hot idea. I was intensely tired the following day, which is not the goal of Getting RESTED and Ready.

So on Friday I swam one 75, trying to muster my race pace for the 100 BR, and my time was :59 (instead of 1:01).

And today I swam one 150, trying to muster my race pace for the 200 BR. My time was 2:03 (instead of 2:07 and 2:09 last week)--well within the goal range!

And seriously, I think the rest is making all the difference. I felt like I was kicking ass (and taking names) during the swim, that it was not an impossible swim to do, and then I was able to recover quickly afterwards.

Now, speaking of Getting Ready, I have some packing to do.

3 comments:

Joe said...

> I felt like I was kicking ass
> (and taking names)
> during the swim

I find taking names adds a couple of tenths of a second. I'd refrain from that. That ass kicking is okay though.Seriously though, nice time on the 75 breast!

Have fun packing. Are you going to post your packing checklist for all to peruse?

Joe said...

BTW, I love this new Isis theme!

Isis said...

Thanks! I am having fun with it (obviously).