I hope my reader will pardon my random absence the last several weeks. Last Friday I did not even know where my computer was. The week before that I was in the Commonwealth for a wedding. The week before that I was hanging with estaminet. And before that, even I don't know where I was.
But rest assured that the random feature on my player has been doing its duty over the last few weeks, even if I did not get a chance to report on it. Now, as you'll see, the player is having a good time at my expense, making it seem like all I own are greatest hits compilations, with segues only a surrealist would choose deliberately:
1. Verdi: "Ma dall'arido stelo divulsa," Katia Ricciarelli, Coro e orchestra del Teatro alla Scala, Claudio Abbado (cond.) (Un ballo in maschero)
2. "Cigarettes, Whiskey & Wild, Wild Women," Tex Ritter
3. Sarasate: Carmen Fantasy, Op. 25 - 5. Moderato, Itzhak Perlman, Zubin Mehta, New York Philharmonic Orchestra
4. "Doctor! Doctor!" Thompson Twins (Greatest Hits)
5. "Keep It Comin' Love," K. C. and the Sunshine Band (The Best of)
6. "Ho visto un re," Enzo Jannacci (I miti musici)
7. "Crazy for You," Madonna (The Immaculate Collection)
8. "Freddie Freeloader," Miles Davis (Kind of Blue)
9. "True Faith," New Order (Substance, disc 1)
10. "Copacabana," Barry Manilow
I do own music that was released during decades other than the 1970s and 1980s. Really!
Have a great weekend, everybody.