Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Nutritious and delicious

Looking for a tasty alternative to oversugared and preservative-laden grocery-store yogurts? I was too. I tried the fresh approach--mixing plain yogurt with honey and fresh berries--which was truly tasty but a bit time-consuming, by the time I washed and cut the fruit, stirred it all together, wiped the honey off the side of the jar, etc.

But I am looking no longer! For the best fruit yogurt concoction you can imagine, add Fruit Perfect Cherries, available from the amazing outfit called American Spoon Foods, in Petoskey, Michigan. The website calls this stuff "The truest taste and texture of tart cherries ever captured in a jar," and that is no joke.

Pancakes optional.

I see they now have shops all over Michigan, so you had better believe I will make a visit in February, when I am not eating paczki.

And if you happen to be in the greater Petoskey area, why not stop by the American Spoon Gelato Cafe? While you're there, arrange to mail me a gift box.

1 comment:

freeman said...

Wow! That sounds like a great idea!

They have one of their shops about 4 blocks away from my work, but I've never walked into the store yet. That will change later this week.

I loooooove cherries!