Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday Random 11: Since those days I've changed my address Edition.

It appears that my crystal ball--I mean my mp3 player--is trying to send me a message.

It has been one of those times where if you can't find me, look up: I am likely hanging on to a wall or ceiling by my nails. Falling asleep at night seems nearly impossible, and when I wake up in the middle of the night, the crowd of anxieties and uncertainties huddled around the room can barely fit in the room, and who knows--maybe they are spilling down the hall, trying to jam in the room as if it were a mosh pit.

In other words, I need to change my soundtrack, because if I pump the gyspy punk and the ultimate haywire to fill up my house, I might just launch myself through the ceiling and roof, and let's just say that this is not a time that I could afford to add on such a big home improvement.

But this is the time a goddess leans on her mp3 player. It is my secret amulet, and it has spoken. It said, mellow out, Isis. It is time for you to recenter, to regroup, to do what you can to bring the blood pressure down. Not that I doubt the wisdom of my amulet, but just to see how forcefully it wanted to convey its message, I let the randomness go up to 11.

I hear you loud and clear, O Mighty Amulet!

1. "El Conquistador," Daniel Lanois (Plus from Us)
2. "Yes, I Am Blind," Morrissey (Bona Drag)
3. "Party of Two Parts," Frank Brettschneider (marke b05)
4. "Hey Pocky Way," Neville Brothers (New Orleans Party Classics)
5. "The World Turned Upside Down," Billy Bragg (Back to Basics)
6. "Asimbonanga (Mandela)," Johnny Clegg & Savuka (Third World Child)
7. Pärt: "Beatus Petronius," Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir, Tönu Kaljuste (director) (Beatus: Choral Works)
8. "Surrender," k. d. lang (Tomorrow Never Dies soundtrack)
9. "My Funny Valentine," [I don't know] (Babes in Arms, City Center's Encores)
10. "I Looked All Over Town," The Magnetic Fields (i)
11. "I've Changed My Address," Diana Krall (The Girl in the Other Room)

No comments: