Monday, February 21, 2005

Food for Thought

I have been thinking about the relationships between fascist regimes and our current administration for as long as I have been blogging--and longer, really. Since then, Burger King has written more than one good post on the topic, too.


Today I came across a series of essays on the topic on Orcinus (I am the last to find them, since they date from 11/2004 and they seem to be up for blog awards). I am just starting to read them, but based on a quick scan, there is a lot of interesting material in there. I do not agree with all those essays say about how unsystematic and unprogrammatic fascism was: my reading in documents written by the ideologues of Mussolini's regime shows otherwise. And there is a tendency toward oversimplification, even with the seven parts, but as an attempt to analyze relationships between our contemporary situation and classical fascism, it is thought-provoking.

No comments: