Sunday, July 09, 2006

Where will you watch?

T-minus something like six hours to the big game. I can barely sit down to type. BigT says Italy will take it by at least one. Joe says Italy will win, but in a boring defensive struggle. Damien has not updated his predictions since he (and I) thought it would be a Germany v. Brazil final. MK has not made a prediction. A francophile friend said, "Vive la France! Vive Zidane! Is it true Greg Louganis is the assistant coach for Italy?"

Fie! I pointed out to her that France is lucky not to be playing Senegal in this final game.

If I had my druthers, I'd watch the game at one of the two establishments in town that have been showing the games. One is the tiny but excellent Super Taco, where nary a seat was to be found for the Mexico games, but they are closed on Sundays. The other is the newly fashioned international sports bar attached to the local Thai restaurant, but thanks to the great state of South Carolina's blue laws, they too are closed on Sundays.

So it looks like I'll be watching the game from the comfort of my living room sofa. Alas, I do not have a blue Italia garment, but I'll wear my favorite AS Roma t-shirt and hope it will help.

Will you watch? Where will you be?

No comments: