OMG! OMG! I almost forgot one of my favorite things to do of a Friday--and not just because pressing "RANDOM" on my mp3 player (or secret device, as I prefer to call it) allows me to see the word QUEUING, a word I don't get to see enough.
My excuse is that today I was at a workshop getting certified. It is kind of like Black Angus Beef. For some reason waitstaff at our favorite restaurant always insist on saying that the steak special is "Certified Black Angus Beef." Who certified it? And does Black Angus beef really taste different from other kinds of beef that I don't know that name for?
But anyway, like the beef, I am now certified to be something I already was, but that's OK, because the workshop itself was a pleasure, and that's not a bad way to spend a Friday afternoon.
But OMG! OMG! I had almost forgotten the Friday Random 10!
1. Patrick Doyle: "Let this acceptance take," Sir Simon Rattle and the City of Birmingham Orchestra (Henry V soundtrack)
2. "Speed the Traktor," 2 Mustaphas 3 (Play Musty for Me)
3. "Mamma Mia," ABBA (Priscilla, Queen of the Desert soundtrack)
4. "You and Me and the Moon," The Magnetic Fields (Get Lost)
5. "Miracle," Swati Natekar (Essential Asian Flavas)
6. Arvo Pärt: "Pregando (Lamentate - for piano and orchestra)," Alexei Lubimov and the SWR Stuttgart Radio Symphony Orchestra, Andrey Boreyko (Lamentate)
7. "Rainmaker," Maura O'Connell (Stories)
8. "High 5 (Rock the Catskills)," Beck (Odelay)
9. "Nortada + O Malhao," Rui Junior o o que som tem? (Exploratory Music from Portugal, a Wire sampler)
10. "Whenever, Wherever," Shakira (Laundry Service)
Have a great weekend, whatever you're listening to, and whether you're certifiable or not.