Sunday, April 23, 2006

T-minus 5 days, and definitely counting.

If you're wondering what the T stands for, then you haven't heard me whining as much as the PP has. In fact, the PP lives with a whole crew of whiners. The cats whine constantly, and I whine almost constantly.

So getting back to the T: it stands for TAPER, which is what I get to do starting Friday. I CANNOT WAIT.

These last several weeks have been my biggest weeks of the year, when you combine yardage with intensity, which unfortunately I have been doing. I did not beat my weeklong yardage record (21,200) this week, but I only missed it by 600 yards. (Actually, had I been aware of that, I might have put in an extra 700 today, just for grins. Actually, not for grins: for pain.) That means that my weekly average (last week was short thanks to the rec center closing for Easter) for the last 4 weeks is 18,900, which is just what it should be. And my weekly average since I recovered from being sick (7 weeks) is 17,650. That is OK too. I don't have the strength in my fingers to punch enough calculator buttons to tally my yardage since the season began last August, or I'd bore you with that information, too.

But the point of all this is, I'm tired. Tired of playing the game. Ain't it a freakin' shame?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After seeing all those numbers, I want to see a graph of your yardage by day or week. But, then, I may be unusual in my love from graphs of time series.

At least I'm not requesting a list of autocorrelations and then a good time series model for your yardage. (And I don't have time to model it myself.)

Isis said...

I'll see what I can do! I've been keeping track of the yardage/week in a Word table, but I'll get it into Excel and we can go from there.

As for daily? That will require a whole new data entry process, but for you (and Cletus)--anything!

Joe said...

My recent taper felt GREAT! All of my little nagging injuries healed and I felt really, really fast at the last couple of practices.

Isis said...

I hope my experience is like yours: I am so ready for this!